These Easy Buttermilk Biscuits are buttery, flakey, and perfectly tender! This recipe is quick to whip up whenever you need some delicious biscuits to go with a meal.
Could these biscuits BE any more perfect?! Guys, I'm telling you, I am so in love with this recipe! A good biscuit recipe should definitely be a staple in your recipe book. Serve them with soup or stew, for breakfast with jam, with gravy (if you are a fan of biscuits & gravy), with butter and honey, or any way you want!
Speaking of biscuits & gravy, I have actually developed an AMAZING recipe for bacon gravy to eat with biscuits. Would this be something that anyone would be interested in a recipe for? I'm really considering posting it!
There is something so comforting about a warm biscuit slathered in butter with a big bowl of hot soup. Winter comfort food at its finest! These biscuits are perfect with soup as are my Jalapeño Cheddar Scones! So yummy!
This recipe calls for salted butter. I almost always use salted butter in my baking. It's what I grew up with and prefer to use. If you are using unsalted butter to make this recipe, simply add an extra ¼ teaspoon of salt to the ½ teaspoon called for in the recipe for a total of ¾ teaspoon.
Recipes from around this time in past years:
It is crazy to see the improvement in food photography and blogging over the years! I'm so thankful!!
If you make this recipe (or have made any of my recipes!), I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below. Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and please be sure to tag me so that I can see it. Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
Easy Buttermilk Biscuits
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- mixing bowls
- measuring cups & spoons
- pastry cutter
- 2 or 2.5-inch cookie cutter
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup cold salted butter, cubed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 425℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together in a large bowl. Cut the cold cubed butter into the flour mixture using a pastry cutter until the pieces of butter are the size of peas.
- In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and egg. Add to the flour/butter mixture and gently fold with a spatula until the dough just starts to come together. Turn the contents of the bowl onto the countertop and knead just until the dough comes together. Do not overmix!
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured counter into about ¾-inch thickness. Cut out the biscuits using a lightly floured medium-sized cookie cutter (2 or 2.5-inch diameter). (Try to push the cutter directly down into the dough and avoid spinning the cutter to release the dough.) Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheets, leaving at least 1 inch between each biscuit.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden. Serve warm with butter. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,