This simple Carrot Bread recipe is filled with all the classic carrot cake spices and three full cups of shredded carrots for an unbelievably moist and tender quick bread perfect for snacking on!
This Carrot Bread is so, so easy to make and would make a great breakfast with yogurt and fresh fruit. Plenty of shredded carrots give this bread wonderful moisture for its soft crumb texture. The ground cinnamon, ginger, and cloves make it taste just like a flavourful carrot cake. If you want to be super extra, I think you could top this bread with a smear of cream cheese or even cream cheese frosting!
Here are some other Easter recipes to try!
- Hot Cross Buns -- I make these hot cross buns every year! They are so good!!
- Puffed Wheat Cookie Nests -- Adorable and fun to make! Plus, they have mini eggs!
- Oatmeal Dinner Rolls -- These rolls are incredible!
If you are a big fan of carrot cake I think you will love this Carrot Bread! It has all the same goodness but could be considered slightly healthier and definitely acceptable to be eaten for breakfast!
FOLLOW KNEAD SOME SWEETS ON SOCIAL MEDIA: FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, AND PINTEREST!
If you make this recipe (or have made any of my recipes!), I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below. Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and please be sure to tag me so that I can see it. Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
Carrot Bread Recipe
- 9x5-inch loaf pan
- non-stick cooking spray
- parchment paper
- mixing bowl
- measuring cups & spoons
- box grater
- sifter or sieve
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with non-stick spray before lining with a piece of parchment paper the same width as the pan with the paper edges left to hang over the sides of the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in the shredded carrots and milk. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt in a separate bowl. Sift into the wet ingredients using a sifter or a sieve and stir just until no streaks of flour remain. Do not overmix!
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling before slicing. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,
Leave a Comment