Soft, fluffy muffins filled with strawberries & rhubarb and topped with sweet cinnamon streusel -- these Strawberry Rhubarb Crumb Muffins are the perfect way to enjoy delicious in-season fruits!
I'd say there's nothing better than a muffin for breakfast! Don't you agree? That feeling when you come into the kitchen looking for breakfast and there are leftover homemade muffins waiting for you! Do yourself a favor and make some muffins for breakfast tomorrow!
So these muffins have a few things going for them here.
- The muffin batter itself is made with lots of super moistening ingredients that make for soft muffins as opposed to dry muffins. Nobody likes a dry muffin. These uber-moistening ingredients are butter, buttermilk, and brown sugar!
- They have lots of fresh fruit inside! I tested this recipe using fresh strawberries & rhubarb. I haven't tried making them with frozen fruit, but I'm sure it would be fine.
- Lastly, they are topped with buttery, cinnamon brown sugar streusel!! Yum yum!
Sounds like you should probably get to your kitchen and start baking these muffins! Make sure you try this recipe before rhubarb season is over!
Strawberry Rhubarb Crumb Muffins
- 12-count muffin tin(s)
- parchment paper muffin liners
- mixing bowls
- measuring cups & spoons
- ½ cup salted butter melted
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ cup chopped rhubarb
- ¾ cup chopped strawberries
Crumb Topping Ingredients:
- ¼ cup salted butter softened
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line a 12-count muffin tin with parchment muffin liners.
- Whisk together the melted butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Add the vanilla, eggs, and buttermilk and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour and baking powder and whisk or stir with a spoon just until all the flour is incorporated. Gently fold in the rhubarb and strawberries.
- Fill each liner to the top with batter. Stir together the melted butter, flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon and crumble on top of the batter in each liner. Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pans for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!
- Bake the remaining muffins in the pan in greased heat-safe ramekins.
Love and Cookies,