Apple Spice Muffins -- the perfect breakfast to start a chilly Autumn day! These super fluffy muffins are filled with pieces of apple and deliciously spiced with cinnamon, cloves, and allspice.
FYI, I highly recommend eating one of these muffins warm out of the oven smeared with a generous pat of butter. Just do it. Honestly SO good! I'm not the type of person who will just spread butter on everything I eat, but I love eating these muffins with butter!
Here are some of my other muffin recipes that you probably need to try:
Sea Salt Caramel Chip Banana Muffins -- I LOVE these banana muffins, I mean, salted caramel in a muffin?! Oh yeah!
Double Chocolate Banana Muffins-- enough said. Run, don't walk, to make these muffins!!
Carrot Muffins -- these carrot muffins will make you feel like you're eating carrot cake for breakfast!
Zucchini Lemon Poppyseed Muffins -- Insanely moist and amazing flavour!
Buttery Date Bran Muffins -- speaking of butter and muffins, these bran muffins are the best I have ever made!
And many more!
The dark brown sugar, buttermilk, and applesauce in these muffins add extra moisture to these apple muffins. I love to add a little sprinkle of raw turbinado sugar to the top of each muffin before baking to create a crunchy topping!
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an honest review in the comments below, or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets!
Apple Spice Muffins
- 12-count muffin tin
- parchment paper muffin liners
- mixing bowl
- measuring cups & spoons
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 ½ cups peeled & finely chopped apples
- 1 tablespoon raw turbinado sugar, to sprinkle on top
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line a 12-count muffin tin with parchment paper muffin liners.
- Stir together the melted butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs, vanilla, buttermilk, and applesauce and stir until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and spices. Add to the wet ingredients and stir just until no streaks of flour remain. Fold in the chopped apples.
- Fill each muffin liner to the top with batter and sprinkle a little bit of raw sugar on top of each muffin. Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the muffin tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,
Such a lovely, soft muffin recipe! Very straight forward and easy to follow. They were wonderful to eat for breakfast and they would make great snacks as well! 😀
Thanks, Liz! I'm glad you enjoyed this recipe!
The applesauce and apple pieces keep these muffins soft. Perfect baking time too. A great breakfast food!
Thank you! I'm happy to hear you loved the muffins!
I think I'm getting addicted to your recipes. 😂 These muffins are amazing in my books because they are (1) super easy and fast, (2) use basic ingredients that I already had in the kitchen, and (3) so yummy and fall-ish tasting! (If that's a thing. 😂) Keep 'em coming!
Oh, and they get 5 stars all the way! 😉
Haha! Thank you so much, Taryn!