Sticky Caramel Apple Cake!! 😍😍😍
You guys won't believe how excited I am for the Fall season!! 🍁🍂🍃
That time of year when you can feel the cool crispness in the air that just makes you want to drink all the hot tea, wear all the sweaters and cardigans, and bake with all the pumpkin spice and apple & cinnamon!
I'm totally in the mood after getting my first pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks last week and getting our first rainfall after several months of hot, dry summer here on the West Coast.
Soooo, I'm launching into all the Fall baking now that we're already halfway through September! (September is already half over?!?! 😱)
I always start off my Fall adventures in the kitchen with ginger cookies.
Trust me, these (👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻) cookies are probably the best ginger cookies that I have EVER made! I was on the hunt to find the perfect ginger cookie about a year and I knew the first time I made them that this was it! So, after tweaking the recipe to make them perfectly spicy I decided to post them on my blog!
I've gotten so many compliments when I've made these cookies and several people have asked for the recipe! So, after tweaking the recipe to make them perfectly spicy I decided to post them on my blog!
I definitely recommend checking them out!
This Sticky Caramel Apple Cake so easy to whip together and insanely good warm from the oven with ice cream! I'd love to hear if you try it!
Happy Fall baking, friends!
Sticky Caramel Apple Cake
- ½ cup salted butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 3 cups apples peeled and chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup salted butter
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9X13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl using a handheld electric mixer, cream together butter and white sugar. Add eggs and vanilla extract and continue beating.
- Next, add sour cream and baking soda and beat until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and allspice and add to the butter mixture.
- Lastly, fold apples into the batter with a spatula.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and smooth out the top with your spatula.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove cake from the oven but leave the oven on at 350ºF.
- In a small pot stir together the butter, brown sugar, whipping cream, and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over medium heat and let boil for 2-3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Pour caramel sauce over hot cake and place the cake back in the oven for 3-5 minutes or until the sauce starts to bubble.
- Let cake cool for 15-20 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Serve while still warm with ice cream. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,
So great again! I halved the sugar because I just like things less sweet than more, and it still worked amazingly! Now our Bible Study is really into it! Great recipe!
Yum! I'm making this for a Collage&Career game night at our church. Thanks so much!
Thank you so much for making it, Leah! Enjoy!