These Pepperoni Biscuit Rolls with homemade honey dijon dipping sauce make for an awesome snack or lunch! Best served warm!
What could be better than cheesy biscuit dough wrapped around a pepperoni stick and baked to perfection then dunked in a homemade honey mustard sauce while still warm?! Answer: NOTHING!!
When I was a small child, the grocery store that we shopped at had these super yummy pepperoni sticks wrapped in cheesy dough in the bakery that I absolutely LOVED! I mean, what's not to love about greasy pepperoni wrapped in bread???
This recipe is my recreation of that tasty childhood favorite! I decided to use a quick biscuit dough rather than a yeast dough just for the sake of biscuits being easier and quicker to whip up and enjoy in no time!
The honey mustard sauce is totally non-negotiable. The tangy/sweet creaminess is a wonderful accompaniment to the salty and spicy pepperoni. A perfect combination! Don't be scared to try it!
These would great for a snack, or served with soup for lunch, or alongside a meal like a normal biscuit, they could even be enjoyed at breakfast. In other words, they taste amazing anytime!
Probably not the healthiest snack out there, but definitely delicious! Please leave a review in the comments if you make these! Happy Baking!
Pepperoni Biscuit Rolls with Honey Mustard Sauce
Pepperoni Biscuit Roll Ingredients
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- ⅓ cup cold salted butter, cubed
- 1 cup shredded smoked gouda or cheddar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup whole milk
- 6 large pepperoni stick, each cut into 3 pieces
Honey Mustard Sauce Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- ⅛ teaspoon smoked paprika
Pepperoni Biscuit Rolls
- Preheat the oven to 450℉. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, cream of tartar, and sugar. Cut in the cubed butter with a pastry cutter until butter pieces are the size of peas. Stir in the shredded cheese.
- Whisk together the egg and milk and stir it into the flour/butter/cheese mixture until a loose dough forms. Turn onto a lightly floured counter and knead just until the dough comes together. Do not overwork.
- Roll the dough into a long skinny rectangle shape (about 18"X3"). Slice into 18 strips. Wrap a strip of dough around each piece of pepperoni, pinching to close the seam. Place seam down on the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown. Serve warm with honey mustard sauce (recipe below). Enjoy!
Honey Mustard Sauce
- Mix the mustard, mayonnaise, honey, and paprika to make a sauce.
Love and Cookies,