You guys won't even believe how amazing these raspberry chocolate chip cookie bars are!
If you need proof that this recipe is THAT good, I'll just tell you that the first time I made these bars, they didn't even last 24 hours in our house! I promise I didn't eat them all, either!!
Well, who doesn't like chocolate chip cookies and raspberries?
When making this recipe, DO NOT try to stir the raspberries into the dough! Reason being, you can't really fold them in without mashing them in, even though the red raspberry swirled through the dough looks pretty before baking, it turns an ugly shade of gray during baking. I only know this from personal experience while experimenting with them. So yeah, don't stir them in.
Instead, you pat half the dough into the pan, add the raspberries, then top with the remaining dough using a cookie scoop.
Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups fresh raspberries washed (pat dry with a paper towel)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9X13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl using an electric hand mixer, beat together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until creamy. Add vanilla extract and eggs and beat until fluffy.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda, add to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pat half of the cookie dough into the greased pan. Top with raspberries. Using a cookie scoop (or a tablespoon), top with the remaining cookie dough.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Slice into 20 squares.
I hope you try this recipe sometime this weekend!
Love and Cookies,
Leave a Comment