These Chewy Coconut Oatmeal Cookies are simple but delicious! Soft in the center and crispy on the edges, they are sure to be a hit!
After testing this cookie recipe several times in the past weeks, I have come to believe that adding coconut to your oatmeal cookies is the best! While I'm not a huge fan of coconut itself in baking, there is just something about coconut and oatmeal together that just works.
Many people ask me which recipe of mine is my favourite. To be honest, I don't really have an ultimate favourite recipe. They are all my babies, so I can't pick favourites! I do sometimes get really obsessed with one recipe while I'm testing it. So you could say these cookies are my current favourite!
Just a little insider tip: These cookies make wonderful smores!!! Throw on some chocolate and a toasty marshmallow and ENJOY!
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an honest review in the comments below, or share on social media using #kneadsomesweets!
Chewy Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
- baking sheet(s)
- parchment paper
- mixing bowl
- electric handheld mixer
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- ½ cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line a few large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar with an electric handheld mixer on high speed for 30 seconds. Add the egg, vanilla, and salt and continue mixing until light and fluffy. Add the oatmeal, coconut, flour, and baking soda and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Scoop using a medium cookie scoop or teaspoon onto the prepared baking sheets, 8 cookies per pan. Bake cookies one pan at a time in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and just slightly soft looking on top. Let cool on the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling while you bake the remaining pans of cookies. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,