These Homemade Chocolate Fudge Pudding cups make for the most elegant and delicious summer dessert! Simple to make but certain to impress!
Get this: super fudgy, creamy chocolate pudding that you can make YOURSELF!
I've got you! This homemade pudding recipe is honestly so simple. Only 6 ingredients and 15 minutes of hands-on time involved! Most of the recipe time is spent just chilling in the refrigerator! Does that sound amazing or does that sound AMAZING!
How to make Homemade Chocolate Fudge Pudding:
Firstly, egg yolks. We use only the yolks for this recipe! No chunky egg white allowed here! We will whisk our egg yolks with some sugar. Most of the sweetness in this recipe comes from the semisweet chocolate chips that we add at the end, but a little sugar is needed in addition to the chocolate just to take the edge off.
Then, of course, we add some milk and cream. Every time I tested this recipe I used whole milk and 33% whipping cream. I highly recommend doing the same for best results!
Then it's onto the stove after the first 4 ingredients are fully combined! We will cook the pudding over medium-low heat for a total of about 5 minutes on the stove. It is absolutely crucial (!) that you whisk constantly while cooking! The mixture should thicken slightly and be steaming hot.
Right once the mixture finishes cooking, take off the heat and stir in the vanilla. Then pour over top of the chocolate chips in a heat safe bowl, covering all of the chips with the hot pudding. Let sit for about a minute to let the chips melt before whisking well until the melted chocolate is fully incorporated. Pour/ladle into some pretty little serving dishes or ramekins while still warm and chill until set, about 4-6 hours!
Finally, this homemade chocolate fudge pudding is wonderful served with fresh raspberries or strawberries and even a dollop of whipped cream, if you are so inclined! The tart/sweet berries are a fantastic accompaniment to the rich chocolate pudding!
There you go! How to make homemade chocolate fudge pudding! Now get into your kitchen and start making pudding or pin the recipe for later! Happy Baking!
Looking for more recipes to make? Start here!
Homemade Chocolate Fudge Pudding
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- ½ cup whipping cream (33%)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar, add the milk and cream whisking to fully incorporate.
- Transfer into a saucepan and cook on medium-low heat while whisking constantly. Bring the mixture to almost a boil, cooking for a total of 5 minutes on the stove. Make sure you are always whisking to prevent chunks from the egg forming. The mixture should thicken slightly and be steaming hot.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Pour over the chocolate chips in a heat-safe bowl and let sit for about 1 minute to melt the chips. Whisk the mixture until the melted chocolate is fully incorporated.
- Pour the pudding into individual serving cups or ramekins or leave in the bowl. Chill in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours or overnight until set. Serve with raspberries or strawberries and whipped cream if desired. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,
Leave a Comment