This recipe for Easy Homemade Waffles is sure to become a weekend brunch favourite! These waffles are soft and buttery with a wonderful vanilla flavour. I love to serve them with homemade strawberry sauce and whipped cream!Jump to Recipe
Let's settle this for good: waffles > pancakes. Even if you use the exact same batter, there is just something magical that happens when you cook it in a waffle iron! I am definitely more of a waffle girl. Pancakes and French toast are both just ok, but waffles are where it's at! Since I love waffles so much, I knew that I needed to develop a recipe for amazing waffles and here it is!
This recipe is made with great ingredients like butter, vanilla extract, eggs, and milk for a super rich, soft, and flavourful waffle. Please do not skip the vanilla extract, it adds so much great flavour!
Another amazing thing about this recipe is how simple and easy it is! No need to beat egg whites or anything complicated. All you need to do is whisk the batter together! Another big win in my books!
How to serve Easy Homemade Waffles
These are, of course, many great ways to serve waffles. Try them with classic butter and syrup or top with fresh summer fruit. Or you could serve them with fried chicken for homemade chicken & waffles!
Like I mentioned before, my favourite way to eat homemade waffles is with strawberry sauce and whipped cream. I like to use my recipe for homemade strawberry sauce that I posted earlier this week. It is super simple to make and only requires to ingredient!
If you don't have a waffle iron yet, I would highly recommend this one that I have and love. It is super affordable and works great!
If you make this recipe (or have made any of my recipes!), I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below. Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and please be sure to tag me so that I can see it. Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
Easy Homemade Waffles
- mixing bowl
- measuring cups & spoons
- waffle iron
- non-stick cooking spray
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- ¼ cup granulated (white) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- Whisk together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl. Add the milk and whisk well to combine.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder just until no streaks of flour remain.
- Heat your waffle iron to your desired setting (I like mine at medium). Spray your waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray before cooking the waffles according to the manufacturer's directions. Serve warm with desired toppings. Enjoy!