These crunchy and satisfying Maple Vanilla Granola Cups make for an amazing grab-and-go breakfast or snack!
If you like crunchy granola bars, you will love these homemade granola cups. This recipe is an adaptation of my Maple Vanilla Pecan Granola recipe that has become quite popular over the years. My cousin actually had the suggestion of making that granola recipe into a granola bar/bite/cup type thing.
I first tested the idea in a granola bar form in a pan but found that they were too messy and didn't really keep their shape at all after baking and slicing into bars. Then I tested them in a muffin tin with parchment paper liners which worked so much better! I did remove the liners for these photos but it's actually so much better to leave them on for serving.
Here are some other great breakfast and snack ideas!
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins -- A classic muffin flavour that is good anytime!
- Oatmeal Cookie Bars -- They are called cookie bars but they have oatmeal in them so they must be an acceptable breakfast item. Just kidding, but really they do make a good snack!
- White Chocolate Raspberry Scones -- Raspberries and white chocolate go SO well together but in a buttery scone, they are absolutely delightful!
- Pumpkin Spice Caramel Corn -- This spiced caramel corn with pecans is so tasty!
If you make this recipe (or have made any of my recipes!), I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below. Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and please be sure to tag me so that I can see it. Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
Maple Vanilla Granola Cups
- 12-count muffin tin
- parchment paper muffin liners
- mixing bowls
- measuring cups & spoons
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped nuts (I use pecans)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 325℉. Line a 12-count muffin tin with parchment paper muffin liners or grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the rolled oats and chopped nuts in a mixing bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, brown sugar, vanilla, and olive oil. Add to the oat/nut mixture and stir until fully coated.
- Scoop into prepared muffin tin, distributing evenly between all 12 cups. Pack down slightly with a spoon into the cups to help them stay together. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool down for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to finish cooling on a wire rack to prevent them from sweating in the pan and allow them to crisp up.
- Store in an airtight container and serve with yogurt or plain like a granola bar. Enjoy!