Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies - melt in your mouth whipped shortbread cookies studded with mini chocolate chips. These cookies would be a great addition to your Christmas baking list!
I always loved baking all kinds of Christmas cookies when December rolls around. That was before I started my food blog! Now, I usually start before December but I still love it! You may be a food blogger if you start Christmas baking at the beginning of November!! Haha!
Shortbread cookies are such a nice staple at Christmas! Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without them, I don't think! They are such delicate, simple cookies, but so good! We usually top our shortbread cookies with maraschino cherries, but why not add chocolate chips to the dough?!
I learned this year that whipped shortbread cookies float in milk! I'm not sure if they would float in a hot drink, though. Did you know that about whipped shortbread?
If you are a big fan of shortbread, you might like my Eggnog Shortbread Cookies that I posted in 2017! Or some of these other Christmas cookie recipes of mine:
- Cranberry Pistachio Icebox Cookies - buttery & delicious cookies with yummy dried cranberries and pistachios!
- Mint Chocolate Crinkle Cookies - mint & chocolate are such yummy Christmas flavours, put them in a fudgy cookie and you're the star of the cookie exchange!
- Eggnog White Chocolate Chip Cookies - classic holiday flavours in a chewy cookie with creamy white chocolate chips!
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an honest review in the comments below, or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets!
Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
- baking sheet(s)
- parchment paper
- electric handheld mixer
- mixing bowls
- measuring cups & spoons
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips + more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 325℉. Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl using an electric handheld mixer on high speed, cream the softened butter for 1 minute.
- Whisk together the cornstarch, powdered sugar, and flour in another bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the butter in two additions, blending on low speed between each addition.
- Once all the flour mixture is incorporated, increase the mixer to high speed and whip the dough for 2 minutes until fluffy and light in colour. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into spheres, using about 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie. Place cookies on the prepared baking sheets at least ½ inch apart. Bake in the preheated oven for 23-25 minutes or until the bottoms are golden. Let the cookies cool completely on the baking sheet. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,