Happy December, friends!! I am SO excited about all the yummy Christmas recipes I have been preparing to share with you all in the next few weeks, the first being these Eggnog Shortbread Cookies!! 🎉🎉🎉
Since this is my first Christmas baking season since starting my blog I have been having lots of fun coming up with really festive recipes to share with all of you, so you'd better stock up on butter, sugar, and flour to be able to make all these awesome recipes as they come out in these next few weeks before Christmas!
One of my family"s favorite Christmas cookies are Classic Shortbread Cookies. They may seem kind of plain but they are a must-make cookie in our house around Christmastime! I just wouldn't be Christmas without them!!
As the first recipe of the season, I'm sharing a festive twist on our favorite cookie by adding some eggnog spices to these simple & tasty cookies.
These buttery, melt in your mouth perfectly spiced cookies will be an excellent addition to your Christmas cookie platters this year!
More Christmas recipes:
Eggnog Shortbread Cookies
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- ½ cup icing sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup icing sugar (to roll baked cookies in)
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. LIne two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl using a handheld mixer beat the butter on high speed until creamy. Add the icing sugar, cornstarch, flour, nutmeg, and cinnamon and turn the mixer onto low speed at first and then increase the speed to high and beat until mixture is fluffy and light in color.
- Roll the cookie dough into balls about 1-inch in diameter placing 12 cookies on each pan. Bake the cookies one pan at a time for 24 minutes or until their undersides are lightly golden brown.
- Place the extra icing sugar in a small bowl and roll each cookie in the icing sugar to coat as soon as they come out of the oven being careful not to burn yourself or break the cookies.
- Let the cookies cool fully on a wire rack. Enjoy!
Love and cookies,