This Pumpkin Cake is delightfully moist, filled with the perfect blend of comforting spices, and topped with velvety cream cheese frosting!
Looking for the perfect pumpkin cake recipe? Well, look no further, this recipe is where it's at!! How so?
- It is truly mind-blowing how moist & tender, but yet fluffy the crumb texture of this cake is. Every bite will have you amazed!
- The combination of spices added give a warm, comforting flavour that just screams 'cozy Fall dessert'!
- It does not taste like squash. 🙅🏻♀️ Some pumpkin desserts just taste like squash and that's not good at all.
- It is very simple to make! You don't even need a mixer for the cake batter, just a whisk and a mixing spoon. You will need a mixer for the frosting but it is still so simple!
- We top it with the creamiest cream cheese frosting. If that alone isn't enough to convince you, I don't know what is! Pumpkin and cream cheese together is the BEST combination!!
- It can serve a crowd!! The recipe says 16 servings, but it depends on how big or small you want the servings to be. It is a 9x13-inch pan after all. Could be 12 generous servings or 20 smaller pieces, it's totally up to you!
I LOVE baking with pumpkin! Here are some of my favourite pumpkin recipes if you are looking for Fall recipes:
- Glazed Pumpkin Bread -- The best!! This pumpkin bread never lasts long, it is so addicting!
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting -- Pumpkin and salted caramel are also delicious together!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins -- Super yum if you like spices and chocolate together!
- Homemade Pumpkin Fritters -- Tasty little fritters made with no yeast and glazed with the best buttery/sweet glaze!
Stay tuned for some very exciting (and delicious!) Fall/Thanksgiving recipes coming in time for Canadian Thanksgiving on October 12th!
Follow Knead Some Sweets on social media: Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below. Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and be sure to tag me. Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 9X13-inch pan
- non-stick cooking spray
- mixing bowls
- measuring cups & spoons
- silicone spatula
- electric handheld mixer
- offset spatula
For the Cake:
- ¾ cup canola oil
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups pumpkin purée *
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
- ¾ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ teaspooon ground allspice
For the Frosting:
- 8 ounces full fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
To make the Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 325℉. Grease a 9X13-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the oil, brown sugar, eggs, sour cream, pumpkin puree, and vanilla until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir just until no streaks of flour remain.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool to room temperature on a wire rack before topping with the frosting.
To make the Frosting:
- In a large mixing bowl using an electric handheld mixer, beat the softened cream cheese on high speed for 1 minute. Add the powdered sugar and mix on low speed until incorporated before turning the mixer up to high speed and beating for another 1 minute. Spread the frosting onto the fully cooled cake using an offset spatula.
Love and Cookies,
This recipe is such a great cake/cupcake recipe! I made it in cupcake form for a thanksgiving gathering and everyone loved them even my sister who hates pumpkin anything! The cake is light and airy not heavy and the spice is completely on point! Topped with a simple cream cheese frosting that completes this sweet treat so well!
Thank you so much for this wonderful review, I really appreciate it!! I am glad this recipe was such a success!