These glazed Baked Eggnog Doughnuts are soft, fluffy, and full of delicious eggnog flavour from real eggnog and ground nutmeg in the recipe.
Are you a fan of eggnog? If yes, you are going to love these doughnuts! Even if you aren't the biggest fan of the drink itself, I think you will still love the soft crumb and creamy nutmeg flavour of these simple baked doughnuts!
I love that these doughnuts have real eggnog in the batter and icing. The recipe also calls for additional ground nutmeg to amplify the eggnog flavour in the doughnut batter. And I recommend adding a sprinkle of nutmeg on top of the icing, too, for a pretty garnish!
If you love all things eggnog, I think you will really enjoy these other recipes, too!
- Simple & Easy Eggnog Shortbread Cookies -- These are the perfect dainty Christmas cookies!
- Eggnog Cheesecake Bars -- So creamy & delicious with a buttery cardamom graham crumb crust.
- Eggnog White Chocolate Chip Cookies -- Soft, chewy nutmeg cookies studded with creamy white chocolate chips.
These eggnog doughnuts are SO easy to whip up and only take about 10 minutes in the oven, making them a great option for Christmas morning brunch!
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below. Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and be sure to tag me. Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
Baked Eggnog Doughnuts
- doughnut tin(s)
- non-stick cooking spray or butter
- mixing bowl
- measuring cups & spoons
- silicone spatula
- piping bag or ziploc bag
For the Doughnut Batter:
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed (light or dark)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup eggnog
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
For the Icing:
- 2-3 tablespoons eggnog
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
To make the Doughnuts:
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Grease doughnut tins well with non-stick cooking spray or butter.
- Whisk together the melted butter, sugar, and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs, vanilla, sour cream, and eggnog and whisk until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg until combined. Add to the wet ingredients and stir just until incorporated. Do not overmix!
- Transfer the batter to a Ziploc bag with the corner snipped off or a piping bag fitted with a wide tip. Pipe the batter into the prepared doughnut tin(s), filling each doughnut well about ½ full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the doughnut comes out clean. Let cool in the pans for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling completely before glazing. Bake the remaining doughnuts.
To Make the Glaze:
- Whisk together the eggnog and powdered sugar in a bowl until a nice icing consistency is reached, adding more powdered sugar or eggnog as needed. Dip the cooled doughnuts in the icing or drizzle the icing on top.
Love and Cookies,