Merry Christmas!! Here's a Homemade Chai Tea Latte.
Wait, what? Oh right, it's November 9th, not December!! Haha, silly me! 😜
It must be all the Christmas recipes that I'm making to share with you come December 1st! I've been baking Christmas cookies, drinking eggnog and listening to Christmas carols for two weeks already so it just might be my fault that it started snowing last week!!
But, a few other people have told me that they too are already listening to Christmas music and decorating for Christmas, so I guess I'm not alone! 😉
Since we are getting into the cold months of winter when you want to drink all the hot chocolate, hot coffee, hot tea, hot apple cider, and spicy and warming chai tea lattes I decided to make a recipe for how to make a delicious Chai Tea Latte at home!! Like instead of going to Starbucks and getting a Chai for $5 you can stay at home in your pj's and make your own Chai Latte in just 10 minutes!!
Whether you are willing to accept the fact that Christmas is indeed next month or if you'll stay in denial this Homemade Chai Tea Latte recipe is definitely one that you need to stay warm in these cold days ahead.
Homemade Tea Chai Latte
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ -2 tablespoons brown sugar (depending on how sweet you want your latte)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 thumb fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon whole cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 chai tea bag
- 1 cup milk
To make the concentrate:
- Add water, sugar, and spices to a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring mixture to a boil and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and place the tea bag in the hot mixture and let it steep for 2 minutes. Remove tea bag and strain the mixture through a small sieve into a measuring cup. Use immediately or refrigerate 2-3 days until ready to drink.
To prepare your latte:
- Mix together all of the chai latte concentrate and 1 cup of milk in a small saucepan and heat until hot, whisking constantly. Serve with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon to make it extra fancy. Enjoy!
Love and cookies,