Creamy Instant Pot Rice Pudding --- super easy to whip together, you can have this delicious treat ready in no time!
I have been struggling with getting everything "together" in these past 2 weeks. I'm finding it really hard to manage to do all the things, for example, reading my Bible and prayer, school, work, my blog, exercise, family, and friends. Reminds me of the Proverbs 16:3 which says "Commit your works to the Lord and your plans will be established."
I have never really shared anything this personal and deep on my blog until now, but I think it's important to keep it real even on the internet. 🙂
So, this is why I haven't posted any recipes yet this year. But that's changing today - I present you with my recipe for delicious rice pudding!!
This lovely Instant Pot Rice Pudding is the first Knead Some Sweets recipe of 2018 and boy is it ever fantastic!!
Do you have an Instant Pot? I know not everyone has one, but for those of you who do have one of these newfangled-cooker-pot-things, this recipe is for you!
I just can't get over how amazing this recipe is!! This rice pudding is made in the Instant Pot in like 20 minutes, start to finish, and you start with totally uncooked rice!! You totally need to get your hands on an Instant Pot if you don't already have one to make this recipe!
Creamy Instant Pot Rice Pudding
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Turn the Instant Pot on Saute mode and add the butter to the pot and stir until melted. Add the rice and stir to coat. Then, add the sugar, vanilla, water, milk, and cinnamon to the pot and mix to combine.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the valve to Sealing. Turn on the Instant Pot to Manual mode and set the time for 10 minutes.
- When the time is up, do a quick release by turning the valve to Venting. While the steam is releasing, whisk together the egg and whipping cream in a small bowl.
- When all the steam is released, carefully open the lid and scoop about a cup of the hot mixture into the bowl with the egg/cream mixture while mixing quickly. Add the contents of the bowl back to the Instant Pot and turn it on the Saute mode once again and bring the mixture to a boil for 60-90 seconds (while stirring constantly) to cook the egg.
- Serve immediately with ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Typical Mom
Love and cookies,