This homemade Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread is super soft & delicious and the cinnamon sugar spiral makes it taste like a cinnamon roll!
When I was a small child, my family would buy bread from a bakery on the way to our piano teacher's house. They had the best cinnamon raisin bread that was extra special because the cinnamon sugar was swirled throughout the bread like a cinnamon roll! It was SO yummy!!
Sadly, the bakery closed down a few years later and we couldn't get that special bread anymore. I really, really loved that bread and it is something that I have been trying to recreate a recipe for myself for almost 3 years!
I'm happy to report that after almost as long as I have been blogging altogether, I have finally developed a recipe that I like! While it doesn't have exactly the same texture as I can remember the bakery's bread having from that long ago, it is the same concept!
This bread has a unique texture that is hard to describe. I want to say it has a hearty texture. But, that really doesn't make sense because something like my Oatmeal Bread would be more appropriately described as being hearty. Maybe dense is the word. Not dense in a bad way, but dense in a hearty, homemade, you-don't-even-have-to-eat-more-than-one-slice kind of way! If that makes any sense!!
This bread is extra tasty toasted and then buttered! The perfect indulgent breakfast! Yum!!
If you love all things cinnamon, try my recipe for The BEST Cinnamon Buns next! They are truly fantastic!!
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below. Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and be sure to tag me. Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread
- large mixing bowl
- measuring cups & spoons
- silicone spatula
- rolling pin
- 9x5-inch loaf pan
- non-stick cooking spray
For the Dough:
- 3 - 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons quick-rise yeast (instant yeast)
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 ¼ cups warm water (110℉)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
For the Cinnamon Swirl:
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
For the Honey Butter Glaze:
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- In a large bowl, stir together 3 cups of flour, yeast, and raisins. In another bowl stir together the warm water, sugar, salt, and canola oil. Add to the flour/yeast and stir with a spatula until a loose dough is formed.
- Turn onto a floured counter and knead for about 10 minutes, adding about ¼ cup more flour to form a smooth, elastic dough. It is okay if the dough is still slightly sticky but it should not be sticking to your hands. Place in a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Stir together the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray or butter. Once the dough has risen, punch down to deflate all air bubbles.
- On a lightly floured counter, roll out the dough into a long skinny strip, about 18 inches long and 5 inches wide. Spread the cinnamon sugar evenly onto the dough. Roll up the dough tightly, starting at the skinny end and pinch the seam closed. Place the loaf in the prepared pan, seam side down, cover with plastic wrap and a dry towel and place in a warm place to rise for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ right before the loaf is done rising. Bake the loaf on the middle rack of the oven for 28-30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Stir together the melted butter and honey and brush onto the bread as soon as it comes out of the oven to give it glossy look and soften the crust. Let the bread rest in the pan for at least 10 minutes before removing and transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Let the bread cool for at least 20 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,