Looking for an awesome summer dessert that is guaranteed to impress? Look no further - these Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches are the perfect finish to summer barbeque!
What do you get when you put two of everyone's favorite things, homemade cookies and ice cream, together? 🍪🍦🍪🍦🍪 Something pretty amazing, that's for sure!! That's exactly what these Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches are, ridiculously amazing and the ultimate summer decadence!
They are pretty easy to make as well, just bake up some of the best Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies you will ever eat and sandwich a whole lot of creamy ice cream in between! You can totally experiment around with different flavours of ice cream here too! 🍦 Try filling them with chocolate ice cream for an extra decadent treat, or strawberry, or even cookies and cream!
I made these a few weeks ago for a family get-together and they were all eaten up within minutes! Totally a hit! Make these now, I know you won't regret it!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 litres vanilla ice cream (or any flavour)
- optional: 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted (to dip sandwiches in)
To make the cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl using a handheld electric mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar, and vanilla on medium speed for 1 minute until fluffy. Add the flour and salt and mix on low until combined.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the boiling water and add to the other ingredients in the bowl. Beat again on low until mixed before adding the oats followed by the chopped pecans and chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookie dough by rounded teaspoonful onto the prepared baking sheets, placing 8 cookies per pan, and bake in the preheated oven for 15-17 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheets before gently transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling. Bake the remaining cookies.
To assemble the sandwiches:
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer about 10 minutes before you start assembling to allow it to thaw slightly to be easier to work with. Once the ice cream has slightly thawed, add into the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and turn the mixer on low the mix the ice cream until smooth and easy to spread onto the cookies.
- Sandwich about ⅓ cup of ice cream between two cooled cookies for each sandwich. Work quickly, placing the completed sandwiches on a cold baking sheet lined with wax paper. Place the sheet in the freezer and freeze for about 6 hours or overnight. Dip sandwiches in melted chocolate if desired. Enjoy!
Love and cookies,