Soft and fudgy inside with crispy edges, these cookies are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Who wants to do nothing else this summer but eat these cookies all day?
You will too once you try these cookies!
Of course, nothing can replace classic chocolate chip cookies but this inside-out version is definitely just as tasty!
They are also ridiculously quick and easy to make! You'll likely have all these ingredients in your pantry right now. Don't have any softened butter on hand? No problem, we can make softened butter! All you need to do is grate the butter with a cheese grater and it will be perfectly softened to use in your cookies! ← I got that idea from a baking tutorial I watched a couple years ago - I use it quite often as I seem to never remember to take butter out to soften before I want to bake! #rookiemistake 🤦🏻♀️
I got the idea to use cake mix in cookies from Sally's cake batter chocolate chip cookies, those cookies are absolutely amazing! I thought why not use chocolate cake mix instead of white? Well, of course!! I added ¼ cup of cocoa powder for an extra dark chocolate flavor. These cookies are almost like a brownie, they're so rich and dark!
Reverse Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ¾ cup softened butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 1 cup devils food cake mix
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ Tsp baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chips + more for topping
- Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cake mix, cocoa powder, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl using a handheld mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until creamy. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix until fluffy.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix until combined. Lastly, fold in the white chocolate chip with a spatula.
- Refrigerate dough for 1 hour. After 1 hour is up, roll dough into balls (use about 1 tbsp of dough per cookie) and place on prepared pans, putting 12 cookies per pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Put cookie dough balls in the freezer for about 10 minutes while the oven preheats.
- Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes. You will see the tops cracking when they are done.
- Top with extra white chocolate chips as soon as they come out of the oven.
- Transfer to wire cooling rack to cool.
Recipe adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction.
Have a great week, everyone!
Leave a Comment