These Soft & Chewy Snickerdoodles are likely to become your new favourite cookie! Delicious vanilla cookies rolled in cinnamon sugar before baked until perfectly crispy on the outside and soft inside!!
I have to admit, I actually haven't been a huge fan of snickerdoodle cookies. I didn't really understand the big fuss about a plain cookie with cinnamon sugar. They would definitely not be my first choice of cookie to bake or eat. That is, until I made these snickerdoodles!
I set out to create a snickerdoodle recipe that was all of these things:
- Flavourful. The nice vanilla flavour in the cookie dough is so delicious with the warming cinnamon sugar.
- Soft, tender, chewy, delicious texture -- without being under-baked. The kind of texture in a good cookie that makes you want to eat 12 cookies!
- Easy enough for anyone to make them!
I'm happy to report that I was able to come up with a recipe that is all of these things, and more!!
These snickerdoodles get their incredible texture and flavour from ingredients like brown sugar, instant vanilla pudding mix (if you've been around here for a while, you will know that this is an ingredient that I love to add to a lot of my cookie recipes for added moistness), a little honey, and vanilla extract!
The brown sugar and honey bring beautiful warm flavours and a chewy texture to the dough and the vanilla pudding mix and vanilla extract obviously add lovely vanilla flavour!
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an honest review in the comments below, or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets!
Soft & Chewy Snickerdoodles
- baking sheet(s)
- parchment paper or non-stick spray
- mixing bowl
- electric handheld mixer
- measuring cups & spoons
- silicone spatula
- ¾ cup salted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup instant vanilla pudding mix (powder)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl using an electric handheld mixer on medium speed, cream together the butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and vanilla pudding mix. Add the egg, honey, and vanilla extract and continue beating on high speed until fluffy.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the butter mixture and mix on low speed just until all the flour mixture is incorporated. Cover the cookie dough and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper. Mix together the ¼ cup of white sugar and the cinnamon.
- Form chilled cookie dough into balls, using about 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie, rolling between your hands to make smooth. Roll each in cinnamon sugar mixture to coat before placing on the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie for spreading room.
- Bake cookies, one pan at a time, in the preheated oven for 8-11 minutes or until sligtly golden around the edges. Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Finish baking the remaining cookies. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,