Bringing you a super awesome new recipe today --- Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting!
But first, I can't wait to tell you guys about our cruise vacation to Hawaii!
For starters, I'll give you some basic details. We cruised on the Star Princess from Vancouver and visited 4 of the Hawaiian Islands: Oahu, Kauai, Hawaii, and Maui. From Vancouver, 5 sea days there, 1 day in each port (4 in total), and 5 days back to Vancouver.
It was absolutely fantastic!! Amazing food, fabulous crew, beautiful weather, gorgeous ship, more food, ocean sunsets, hundreds of pictures taken, windy seas, food, sunburns, so, so, many memories! Oh, and did I mention the food?
With 3 dining rooms, 2 buffet lines, burgers, pizza, and soft ice cream by the pool, a cafe serving sandwiches and desserts, and high tea every afternoon it wasn't very hard to find something to eat! I took pictures of all the food that I ate and will be sharing in a post soon.
For now, I present you with these extremely moist and delicious Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting!
Please, please, please make these beauties! 😍😍😍 You won't be disappointed, I promise!
Have a great chilly, pumpkin spice, October day, friends! 🍁🍂🍃
Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting
For the Cupcakes:
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 14 oz can (1 ½ cups) pumpkin pie filling (yes, pie filling)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the Frosting:
- ¾ cup salted butter
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar packed
- 7-8 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 12-count muffin tin with cupcake liners. Line a second pan with 6 liners.
- In a medium-size bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together oil, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and pumpkin puree using a wooden spoon. Add the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Divide evenly between the 18 cupcake liners and bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. While the cupcakes are baking prepare the Caramel Frosting (recipe follows).
- Remove from oven and let cool in pans for 10 minutes before taking them out to cool on a wire rack.
- Frost cupcakes once completely cooled. Enjoy!
- Melt butter in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Once melted whisk in brown sugar and 3 tablespoons of cream and bring mixture to a boil for 2 minutes stirring every 30 seconds. Pour mixture into a heat-safe mixing bowl and let cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Once cooled, add icing sugar and beat with a handheld electric mixer while adding the remaining cream (1 tablespoon at a time) until soft and fluffy. (You may need to place the icing in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to firm up slightly.)
- Pipe onto cooled cupcakes with a piping tip of your choice. Optional: Top with caramel sauce and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,
Leave a Comment