Peppermint Bark Cookies - soft & chewy cookies filled with semisweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and crushed candy canes, these cookies are sure to be a hit this Christmas!
I love a good chewy, tender cookie! When I was coming up with ideas for Christmas recipes, I knew I wanted to make a cookie recipe using the dough that I use for my Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies. It is so soft and delicious! I decided on adding both white and semisweet chocolate and candy canes to make cookies reminiscent of peppermint bark!
These cookies are sure to get you in a festive mood, here are some more great Christmas recipes to try this year:
- Gingerbread Scones -- soft scones with molasses and gingerbread spices.
- Peppermint Chocolate Chunk Brownies -- fudgy chocolate chunk brownies with candy canes and peppermint extract!
- Butter Tarts -- a Christmas classic! These pictures need to be updated but the recipe is still great!
I love baking Christmas treats for everyone to enjoy! It's just so special to share homemade baked goods at Christmastime!! Listening to Christmas music and drinking hot tea while baking is one of my favourite holiday traditions!
The crushed candy canes make these cookies so pretty and festive looking while adding great peppermint flavour and a little crunch! The white chocolate is so creamy and light and the semisweet chocolate gives a bittersweet flavour to offset both! So yummy!
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an honest review in the comments below, or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets!
Peppermint Bark Cookies
- baking sheet(s)
- parchment paper
- mixing bowls
- electric handheld mixer
- measuring cups & spoons
- rubber spatula
- ¾ cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup crushed candy canes
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using an electric handheld mixer on medium speed, mix the softened butter and brown sugar until combined. Add the egg, honey, and vanilla and beat on high speed until fluffy.
- Add the flour, cream of tartar, and baking soda and mix on low speed just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and crushed candy canes.
- Scoop the dough by teaspoonful onto the prepared baking sheet, placing each cookie 2 inches apart. Bake in the preheated oven for 8-11 minutes or until puffy and no longer wet-looking on top. Let cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Finish baking the remaining cookies. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,