These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies might just be the chewiest of their kind!! Perfect textured peanut butter cookies studded with chocolate chips.
Bye-bye, crumbly & dry peanut butter cookies, hello chewy, gooey, soft perfect peanut butter cookies!! With chocolate chips! Does that sound amazing, or what!?
Once again, cream of tartar is the star of the show in these cookies. In addition to activating the alkaline baking soda, acidic cream of tartar works like magic to give super softness and chew to cookies.
If you love peanut butter, chocolate, and cookies, you will love these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies! Believe me, these might just become your new favourite! They are definitely one of my favourites!!
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an honest review in the comments below, or share on social media using #kneadsomesweets! Thank you for following along and supporting this blog!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- baking sheet(s)
- parchment paper
- large mixing bowl
- electric handheld mixer
- measuring cups & spoons
- rubber spatula
- ¾ cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy, whichever you prefer)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using an electric handheld mixer on medium speed, mix the softened butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until combined. Add the egg, egg yolk, vanilla, and peanut butter and beat on high speed until fluffy.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt and mix on low speed just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough by teaspoonful onto the prepared baking sheet, placing each cookie 2 inches apart. Bake in the preheated oven for 6-8 minutes or until puffy and no longer wet-looking on top. Let cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Finish baking the remaining cookies. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,