Nutella Surprise Banana Muffins. Fluffy banana muffins with a surprise Nutella interior -- these muffins are great to have on hand for breakfasts or snacks!
These muffins might look like simple banana muffins, but get ready for a fun surprise when you bite into them! Just the right amount of creamy Nutella in every bite. If you haven't tried it yet, banana and Nutella together is SUCH a good combination!
↑ Just look at that gooey Nutella inside!! 😍
I usually add chocolate chips to my banana muffins, because you know you need extra chocolate for breakfast... Healthy choice? No. Delicious choice? Absolutely!!!
These muffins just have a spoonful of Nutella in each muffin instead of chocolate chips. I like to look at as just another way to get in your daily dose of chocolate! It is Vitamin C, after all!! hahaha
Here are some links to a few of my favourite muffin recipes on my site!
- Zucchini Lemon Poppyseed Muffins -- perfect for summertime if you have zucchini on your garden!
- Carrot Muffins -- I really want to make these again sometime soon!! Haha, that's what happens when you are always making new recipes! You sometimes don't have time to make your old ones! #foodbloggerproblems
- Double Chocolate Banana Muffins -- another great banana muffin recipe, you can get a double dose of chocolate with these muffins!
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an honest review in the comments below, or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets!
Nutella Surprise Banana Muffins
- 12-count muffin tin(s)
- muffin liners or non-stick spray
- mixing bowl
- electric handheld mixer
- measuring cups & spoons
- silicone spatula
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 15 teaspoons Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
- Preheat the oven to 325℉. Line muffin tins with parchment paper liners or grease with non-stick spray or butter.
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl with a handheld mixer on high speed. Add the eggs, vanilla, and mashed bananas and continue mixing until fluffy.
- Next, add the flour and baking soda and continue mixing on low speed until just incorporated.
- Fill each muffin liner half full with batter. Then, drop a measuring teaspoonful of Nutella into each. Then add another spoonful of batter to each liner to cover the Nutella. Bake the muffins one pan at a time in the preheated oven for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the muffin part comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Bake the remaining muffins. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,