A good New York Cheesecake recipe is not as intimidating as you may think! You can make this cheesecake recipe in under an hour and it only requires 8 ingredients!
Here it is, the perfect dessert to make for your sweetheart on Valentine's Day!! This beautiful cheesecake goes amazing with this raspberry sauce recipe that I posted last week! If you need a showstopper of a dessert, this is it! I mean, who makes New York Cheesecake? Isn't that just for fancy restaurants? No way, you can now make it yourself at home and it is mind-blowing how easy this recipe is!
Here are a few tips to help you achieve New York Cheesecake success:
- Get a good springform pan to bake the cheesecake in. I have this one, so far I'm very impressed with it. Non-stick helps for a clean release when you're ready to serve it!
- Start with softened cream cheese and room-temperature eggs. This helps all the ingredients incorporate well.
- Don't over-bake the cheesecake!! I cannot stress this enough! An over-baked cheesecake will be dry and crumbly rather than smooth and creamy. I recommend using a candy (or meat) thermometer to test the internal temperature. When the cheesecake registers at 150℉ (65℃) in the center, it's done!
It's honestly so surprising how simple it is to make New York Cheesecake! Just lot's of cream cheese, some sugar, eggs, and a pinch of salt are needed for the filling. And the sweet graham cracker crust is just as easy: graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, butter, and cinnamon! I love how the cinnamon adds a nice touch to the simple flavour of this cheesecake. You could leave it out, though, or use your favourite spice instead!
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an honest review in the comments below, or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets!
New York Cheesecake Recipe
- 9-inch sprigform pan (if not non-stick, grease before filling)
- mixing bowls
- measuring cups & spoons
- silicone spatula
- electric handheld mixer
For the Crust:
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup salted butter, melted
For the Cheesecake Batter:
- 24 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 whole eggs, room temperature
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 375℉. Stir together the graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter in a small bowl. Pour into a 9-inch springform pan (greased if not non-stick) and press into the pan to form a crust. Refrigerate while you make the batter.
- In a large bowl with an electric handheld mixer on low speed, mix the cream cheese and sugar just to combine. Add the eggs and pinch of salt and continue mixing just until the eggs are completely incorporated, trying not to beat too much air into the batter. Pour into the pan on top of the prepared crust and smooth the top as best as you can.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until the edges are just starting to turn golden brown and the internal temperature in the center of the cheesecake is at least 150℉ (about 65℃). Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan on a wire rack to room temperature before refrigerating for at least 12 hours before serving. Serve with whipped cream and fresh berries or whatever you'd like! Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,
Leave a Comment