These Best Ever Ginger Cookies have just the perfect amount of spice!
I LOVE soft and chewy ginger cookies!! But I also like my ginger cookies with lots of spicy ginger flavor!
These cookies are the ultimate soft, chewy, spicy, crispy-edged treat!
They get such a lovely spice from the chipotle pepper and black pepper added to the usual gingersnap spices of ginger, cinnamon, and cloves. They truly are Best Ever Ginger Cookies!
This recipe also makes a ton of cookies which makes it perfect for when you need to make cookies for a crowd! Or in my case, just enough for my brothers to have a snack!! 😆 Not quite, but cookies (or any baking for that matter!) disappear pretty quickly around here!
Make sure you allow 1 hour for the cookie dough to chill before forming into balls to ensure that the cookies don't spread too much during baking. The dough is also very soft so chilling helps it firm up a bit for ease in rolling into balls.
More yummy fall recipes:
Happy baking!! ❤️ I hope you love these cookies as much as I do!
Best Ever Ginger Cookies
- 1 ½ cups salted butter softened
- 2 cups + ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup fancy molasses
- 4 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- ½ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- In a large bowl using an electric hand-held mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in eggs and molasses until fluffy.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and spices.
- Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix on LOW speed until combined.
- Chill dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and roll into balls about 1 inch in diameter. Roll each ball in the extra white sugar to coat. Place 12 cookie dough balls on each pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minute or until the cookies begin to crack on top.
- Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- Bake remaining cookies.
Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven
These cookies are the perfect way to welcome the unofficial start of Fall!
Love and Cookies,