This recipe for Avocado Chicken Salad is both easy to make and a delicious summer lunch idea!
Summer days totally call for guac on everything! You've got to try Natasha's Avocado, Tomato, and Cucumber Salad! It's amazing as a change from the usual green salad.
Summer also means light lunches. Sandwiches for a picnic at the park or on the beach. For me, chicken salad sandwiches taste just like summer.
So I decided to try my hand at making my own chicken salad sans mayo, using only the dreamy, creamy avocado with a little lemon juice to make a dressing that's so delicious that you won't even miss the mayo.
My favorite add-ins are celery and green onion. I also added some fresh garden radishes and red pepper for extra color and flavor pop.
I ate mine out of a yellow bell pepper for a great low-carb lunch.
After a long weekend full of eating, this healthy meal is very refreshing!
Click herefor more healthier recipes!
Avocado Chicken Salad
- 1 ½ cups chicken cooked and chopped (or canned)
- ½ avocado
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp red peppers chopped fine
- 2 tbsp celery chopped fine
- 2 tbsp radishes chopped fine
- 1 tbsp green onion chopped
- Pepper and seasoned salt to taste
- Mix all together until combined
- Serve on bread or crackers or with veggies.
Leave a Comment